May 1st! Day one for everyone doing the #MayWhole30! I’m once again back with a breakfast idea (You remember that breakfast is my favorite, right?!) to help you kick off that May Whole30 with ease and confidence!
Now, don’t get me wrong, when it comes to breakfast I like to mix things up a bit, but I also just like to keep it really simple sometimes too. Think; bacon, eggs, and sautéed kale. At least once a week though, I get a craving for something different. So yesterday I went digging through the refrigerator and pantry to see what I had on hand, and came up with this breakfast hash, that has AMAZING flavor, and is actually really simple to put together.
I’m all about minimal mess and dishes (Hello 2 kids, and never ending laundry piles) and this one checks all those boxes. You’ll just need a knife, a cutting board, and a cast iron skillet and you’ll have this impressive, yet easy breakfast hash whipped up in no time!
Doesn’t that look delicious?!
Ok, Here’s what you need:
- 4 Red Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Cup Shaved Brussel Sprouts (I buy them pre-shaved at Trader Joe’s. You could also shave them yourself in a food processor)
- 1/2 Lb Bacon- Chopped
- 1 Cup Diced and pre-roasted Beets (I buy them pre-cooked. The Love Beets brand)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Get your cast iron skillet hot on medium heat and add 1 Tbsp of ghee
- place chopped potatoes in pan and sprinkle lightly with salt. Allow to cook for 5 min. Stirring once or twice, but not too much. You want them to start browning
- Add Brussel sprouts and uncooked bacon. Stir to mix
- Place skillet in oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and add diced beets. Stir to mix
- Crack 3 eggs in skillet and lightly salt just the eggs
- Place back in oven for 8 minutes. Check eggs
- If the eggs are not yet done to your liking, turn the oven to broil to finish cooking the tops (Just be careful, broil works FAST. Mine only needed 90 seconds under broil)
- Garnish with Avocado slices and fresh chopped cilantro
Super simple right?! I got you! I’m going to try to keep up with adding recipes this month for all you May Whole30-er’s out there! Keep kicking butt!
I’m headed to my couch to ignore the laundry piles and spend some time just reading a book, because I NEVER get to do that anymore and my soul needs it!
Have a great day!
Whole30 Bacon, Beet, and Brussel Sprout Breakfast Hash
- 4 Red Potatoes (Washed and skin left on)
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Cup Shaved Brussel Sprouts (I buy the pre-shaved ones from Trader Joes)
- 1/2 lb Bacon (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Pre-roasted Beets- Diced (I buy them pre-roasted and peeled (Love Beets Brand))
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Avocado (Sliced)
- Cilantro (For Garnish)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Wash, and chop 4 small red potatoes. Heat up a cast iron skillet on medium heat and add 1 Tbsp of ghee. Once ghee is hot, add your potatoes, a pinch of salt, and cook for 5 min. Stir once or twice during cooking, but not too much. You want them to brown a bit.
Add in Brussel sprouts and chopped, uncooked bacon. Stir to mix.
Put the skillet into the oven and allow to cook for 20 minutes
Remove from oven and add in diced beets. Stir to mix. Then crack 3 eggs into skillet and sprinkle just the eggs with a bit of salt
Return to oven for 8 minutes
After 8 Minutes, if your eggs are not done to your liking, turn the oven to broil to cook the tops (Be careful, broil works quickly)(Mine only needed 90 seconds under the broil)
Remove from oven and garnish with avocado slices and fresh chopped cilantro