The Perfect solution to your lunchtime meal prep needs!
I don’t know about you, but I love a good chicken salad. Mostly because there are so many flavors that you can mix and match and so many ways to eat it, that it’s so super versatile and I don’t get bored of it.
Plus, lets’s be real, just buying a rotisserie chicken and cutting it up to make chicken salad, makes your life so much easier. It’s on my grocery list every week to be quite honest. This recipe sticks to my idea that healthy doesn’t have to be complicated, and good flavor doesn’t have to mean a ton of ingredients that just really overcomplicate things. It’s so easy to still get flavorful food without a ton of complicated ingredients.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken thighs, cooked and chopped small OR 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked and chopped sugar free bacon
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatos, diced
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup Whole30 compliant Mayo- Start with less and build to your liking.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix up.
- cover and refrigerate a few hours before eating
Lunch for the week!
I’ll literally eat on chicken salad all week long. I mix it up by eating it on lettuce cups one day, spread on sweet potato toast another day, with simple mills crackers another day (if not on a round of Whole30 of course), or even just on a bed of lettuce with some yummy salad dressing. There really are so many options!
I hope you enjoy it! Check out my Easy Oven Bacon recipe to get your bacon done perfectly for this recipe!