IT’S ALMOST GAME DAY! ARE YOU READY?!
In January 2018 I took over the Whole30 Instagram stories to talk about how to survive super bowl Sunday without ruining your Whole30. And during that takeover I shared some recipes to help get you through the day!
One recipe that I shared in my blog post that day that somehow never made it anywhere past there, was this recipe for Whole30 bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers! They’re seriously so good, are SUPER easy to put together, and honestly people don’t even know the difference in comparison to the traditional cream cheese filled ones!
They actually were a fan favorite on my blog for those first few weeks until they were buried by other posts, only to lose the recognition they really deserve. In light of the upcoming football season, I’ve started thinking about them more, and GUESS WHAT?! JALAPEÑO POPPERS ARE BACK!
I hope you find them to be as delicious as we do, (my husband will eat a whole tray of them if I let him) so I’m sure you’ll be delighted once you try them!
One thing I thought of the other day too was that with the launch of the new Primal Kitchen Foods Garlic Aioli Mayo, these can come together even easier and I’m confident they’ll taste just as good! It’s sometimes tricky to find in the stores, but my trusty favorite Thrive Market now carries it in stock, so you can now get it at a discount without leaving your couch! Right now, you can get an extra 25% off your first order at thrive, plus a free 30 day trial membership! —–> Get more info here!
Grab the recipe below, and if you like what you taste, let me know!
Perfect for game day or a holiday party appetizer, these jalapeño poppers are Whole30 compliant and full of flavor!
- 6-10 Jalapeños (Amount varies depending on serving needs)
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Whole30 compliant Mayo
- 5-6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2-1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- bacon slides cut in half crosswise
(Easy 3 ingredient variation- Sub out the mayo mixture for Kite Hill almond “cream cheese”- the chive is my favorite- and do everything else just the same! They’re so good!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, and then place cooling rack over baking sheet so that air can flow below the poppers while baking
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and take seeds out.
- stir minced garlic cloves and lemon juice into mayo.
- scoop mayo into hollowed out jalapeño halves
- wrap 1/2 piece of bacon around each jalapeño
- place poppers on cooling rack and then place rack and baking sheet into the oven. Bake for about 22 min. I would suggest starting to check on the poppers around 15 minutes since ovens vary, but mine takes about 22 min