Are you tired of destroying your kitchen and stove with frying bacon?!
I know I was. Plus I was always too impatient and ended up cranking the heat up too high at first and getting charred bacon out of the deal (forehead slap). Cooking bacon in the oven has been growing in popularity recently and it’s because it works. Plus since you’re not destroying your stove with grease/oil splatters, it will save you time on cleaning. You’ll have 20ish minutes of extra time on your hands too since you won’t be standing there flipping it and watching it like a hawk!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb of bacon (sugar-free if following Paleo or on a round of Whole30)
- 1 baking sheet
- parchment paper
- get out your baking sheet and line it with parchment paper
- lay your pieces of bacon out on the parchment paper
- place baking sheet in a COLD oven (this part is key!)
- Set temp to 400 degrees and set your timer for 18-20 minutes (cooking time will depend on oven. Mine tends to take a little bit longer)
- Remove oven when crispness of your liking (I like mine a little extra crispy)
Easy, peasy, right?! Just carefully roll up the parchment paper and throw in the trash for your clean-up. Wash your baking sheet and you’re done! Gone are the days that i’m intimidated by cooking bacon!
Want to hear even better news?! Right now Butcher Box has an amazing offer that gets your Free Bacon for the life of your membership! Haven’t tried or heard of them before? They’re an amazing company that ships grass fed AND finished meat straight to your door. Making maintaining a healthy lifestyle on a crammed schedule, even easier. Click here to learn more!
I also love this method of cooking when i’m on a round of Whole30 or just for general meal prep purposes since it allows to me kind of set it and forget it (well until the timer beeps) and work on other things. Meal prep shouldn’t be intimidating!